Sunday, August 2, 2015

Upcycled Adornments

Hello friends!

Today I'd like to share something different from what I normally do.

This, I can identify as my secondary passion (as mentioned in my previous posts, a few years back I realized that paper cutting is my first love!).

The craft I'm talking about is jewelry making. I took a short break from doing this passion and made time to discover and do other crafts I think I like (and discovered my love for paper cutting :)). And only recently, I had an opportunity again to practice this craft. I guess jewelry designing/making will always be a part of my craftsy life.

Two nights ago,  as I was cleaning my big 'craft materials box', I saw a boho-themed Y necklace w/c was given to me by my aunt. And as one of my favorite things to do, I disassembled the whole piece and started making new and 'improved' design studies out of the dismantled components. As I was working in the wee hours of the night, I realized I still love making jewelry. I still love mixing and matching different metal components, semi-precious stones, cords, chains, etc. to create a wearable piece of art.

So, here are the outputs: 4 hippie bracelets from one old and slightly outdated necklace with foliage handmade papercuts for it's background. ;) *fresh water pearl + blue agate beads were added to breathe new life to the old components*



And this one here is my favorite among the four upcycled bracelets I made. It is simple and elegant, I'd wear this as a day and night jewelry. How about you? :)


Talk to you again soon.

-Leeanne :)



#jewelry #handmade #handmadejewelry #fashionjewelry #papercuts #handmadepapercuts #boho #adornments #boholove #papercutsPh #handmadePh #reuse #recycle #upcycle

No comments:

Post a Comment