Tuesday, March 1, 2016

OTWOL's The Bouquet That Never Wilts

Leah holding #thebouquetthatneverwilts

I am just so happy, humbled and grateful to create something beautiful for one of my favorite local shows, On The Wings of Love. Huge thanks to the show's production designer and one of my idols, Digo Ricio, for this amazing opportunity. I'll never forget the day when I received a call from him regarding this project. I was actually assigned to do other wedding props, which are also exciting and challenging, but the Universe heard my plea and so I was assigned to do the bouquets and name plates instead. *Yey!*

And since I only have 2 hands and less than 2 weeks to complete the bride and the whole entourage' bouquets, I asked help from my most awesome and ever supportive team that is my family - my mother, siblings, aunt and cousin. I taught them how and they learned and worked fast that suddenly, our living room was  turned into a makeshift workshop. And for this I am beyond grateful. It's feels amazing to know that my family supports me and my craft and that they enjoyed doing it too.

It was my first time to do a paper flower bouquet with papercuts and at first I thought I can't do it. I don't know how I am going to assemble the pieces, especially the small-sized and delicate papercuts. It was almost 3 a.m., I'm about to panic and feel like giving up, when an idea/inspiration magically appeared. Thank you, God! :) I obliged and happily collaborated with the idea/inspiration and so I was able to do a sound execution.

It's as if inspiration is telling me to stay calm and continue  working, because she is always just around watching and will  magically appear as the need be, but first, she has to see me initiating the work.

Here are some photos of the bouquets I made.


#thebouquetthatneverwilts
(Front view)


#thebouquetthatneverwilts
(Top view)

The hashtag or the name, The Bouquet That Never Wilts was first used by Mr. Digo Ricio, the show's production designer, when he posted a photo of it in his Instagram account in the morning of February 26, 2016.


Set of 12 and set of 18 bouquets


Flower girls carrying their paper flowers


Paper flowers + handcut foliage for flower girls

Paper flower balls for the secondary sponsors


Handlettered and hand-cut nameplate for #Jadine's dressing rooms during their concert


Handlettered and hand-cut nameplate for #Jadine's dressing rooms during their concert


Photo with #JaDine 


Ms. Nadine Lustre liked it too and she even asked for it personally and so I gave it to her. I'm a huge fan of the show and JaDine, of course, so it's really a pleasure to have done it. :)

I hope and pray that I'll have more projects like this in the future. I love what I do and it warms my heart to know that my joy in making my craft rubs off on others.


'Til my next craft adventure!


Photo of myself holding #thebouquetthatneverwilts before I deliver it on set.



- Leeanne ;)



#OTWOL #JaDine #OTWOLthelastflight #OTWOLfinale #thebouquetthatneverwilts #paperflowers #paperflowerbouquets #handmade #Leelaloo #paperflowers #weddings #weddingsPH #papercuts

4 comments:

  1. WOW!! sobrang galing mo naman po! nakaka-inspire kayo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leanne! Hoping you could do my boquet as well. Please contact me if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. florisis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi maam! May I ask if you're still accomodating orders for this kind of project? I really want this kind if boquet for my wedding

    ReplyDelete